If you had told us about what’s happening right now, this time last year, we would of thought maybe you had drunk too many cocktails down in Laury’s Bar.
What a year. We still cannot believe the disruption the COVID-19 pandemic has caused. However…
Once lockdown was over in France, we started to plan for the summer. After an unsure start, we ended up having a fantastic Summer season in Morzine. Guests from France and Europe started to travel to see us, and then as soon as the travel restrictions lifted, guests from the UK started to arrive, most taking advantage of the easy drive from UK- Morzine.
The hostel was buzzing, we had guests again, the lifts where spinning, the mountain biking and hiking was incredible as usual. The Teams at The Super Morzine Bike park – Avoriaz 1800, Bike Park Les Gets and The Portes du Soleil kept us all safe with social distancing measures put into place.
The summer season whizzed by and before we knew it, it was the Autumn interseason. After a quick surf break, we are back and planning Winter 20/21 Season. (It snowed today in Morzine so the excitement is real) We are trying to stay positive regardless of the new restrictions put into place, and are on hand to help you plan your next holiday.
We all know how much a ski/snowboard holiday means to you. Which is why we have been working to come up with a cancellation policy that works for everyone.
In response to the COVID pandemic we have updated our booking terms and conditions to offer our guests complete peace of mind regarding their booking with Hideout Hostel.
If your holiday is cancelled for any of the reasons stated below, your balance payment will be fully refunded and your deposit payment automatically converted to a voucher for a future holiday at Hideout Hostel. This voucher is valid for 18 months after the arrival date of your existing booking:
– If the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (or your country of travel origin equivalent) advise against non-essential travel to France
– If you are required to quarantine upon arrival in France due to the laws and regulations of the French Government
– If you are required to quarantine upon return to the country you are travelling from
– If Hideout Hostel has been forced to close due to the laws and regulations of the French Government in that country, as well as any other local or public authority
– If France has closed its borders or is otherwise denying entry to visitors
These new booking terms are valid up until 48 hours before your arrival into the resort. The above booking terms and conditions are applicable for all new bookings for winter 2020/21 and summer 2021 made after 7 September 2020. (To view our full terms and conditions please click here)
How to go on a skiing holiday during the COVID-19 Pandemic
If you are like us, and cannot wait to wake up to bluebird skies, snow capped mountains, crisp air and the thrill of sliding down your favourite piste, get in touch to have a chat about your next holiday.
How are we keeping everyone safe in the hostel this Winter?
- Masks must be worn at all times whilst moving around the hostel, bar and restaurant.
- Hydroalcholic gel available
- Regular disinfection of communal areas
- Social distancing measures in the restaurant, bar, and in shared dormitory rooms.
- Every room to be deep cleaned between guest stays
- Book your ski passes with us so you can get straight onto the slopes without queuing at the lift pass office
- All ski and snowboard equipment rental will be disinfected between each use
We recommend driving to Morzine if you can. This takes away the possibility of your flight getting cancelled and it means you can stay in your own bubble. We have car parking available.
Our friends over at the Morzine Source Magazine have written this super helpful article here:
CURRENT TRAVEL ADVICE:
You can find live updates on the current travel advice and the COVID – 19 Pandemic by clicking here
Our friendly team are waiting to speak to you, and help you plan the best ski/snowboard trip you have ever had, regardless of Covid-19. Heres how to contact us:
💻 Live chat on our website