Road biking in Morzine is a cyclists paradise. There are plenty of mountain roads and Cols to conquer here… if its good enough for the Tour de France… Its good enough for us. Yes, its a tough old climb to the top, but it is one of the best feelings when you reach the top of the Col or your goal. And what goes up… must come down!
Here are some of our favourite rides:
- Col du Joux plane – From Morzine to the top, 10.9km long at an average gradient of 6.5% (maximum 11%) Incredible views over to Mont Blanc.
- Col de la Joux Verte – From Morzine via Lac Montriond and the Goat village to the Col is 12.5km with an average gradient of 6.4% (maximum 11.1%)
- Route d’Avoriaz – All of the hair pin bends (19 of them) with an average gradient of 6% and 860metres of vertical incline
- Col de Ramaz Loop – From Morzine, up to Les Gets, down to Taninges and Muessy, up the Col de Ramaz mountain pass to the resort of Praz de Lys, down a little, then up to the the Col D’Encrenaz, down to Essert Romand and finish in Morzine (at the bar for a well deserved Aperol Spritz) 65km loop with 1648m of elevation gain.
- There are various events and group rides throughout the summer, such as the Haut Chablais Granfondo
We can also arrange guided and supported road bike holidays, to find out more get in touch with us email@example.com
If you are reading this blog post about road biking in Morzine, and would like to come to Morzine and need somewhere to stay, Book now here, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +33768634821
Hideout Hostel, who are we?
We offer stylish yet affordable winter and summer mountain accommodation from just €30 a night B&B.
With a choice of double, triple or dorm rooms, we can cater for any group of guests or budget. All our rooms have been recently renovated, are clean, functional and comfortable, and have high speed wifi access throughout the Hostel.
Relax and unwind in our Hideout bar after a long day on the mountain, meet new people, grab some great food (awarded best food in Morzine Winter 2018 and 2019), or try one of our delicious cocktails in Laury’s bar whilst listening to some live music.
Centrally located, just 50m from the centre of town and the ski bus routes, with secure bike and ski storage, we are here to make your trip to Morzine, the best ever.
The perfect spot to hideout in the mountains of the Portes du Soleil, whatever budget you have, whatever you’re in Morzine for, whether it be ski, snowboard, hike, bike, swim or all round adventure.
We work with local ski/board/bike hire shops, airport transfer companies and lift pass providers to make organising your holiday easy and stress free.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media to be the first to find out about any news, events and competitions, and to keep an eye on whats going on in resort so you can get excited for your next trip to Morzine:
We look forward to welcoming you to Hideout Hostel soon.